Monday, March 1, 2010

Class vs. Motorcycle vs. My Brain

I got up late today. I slept through two alarms and a text message. I don’t know what my deal has been lately, but I have been very tired. By the time I was ready to go, I was going to be late for my second class as well. I decided to spend the next couple of hours before my third class getting my motorcycle ready. I went to buy a battery and get the registration renewed. Last time I got a new battery, I didn't actually put it into the motorcycle and get it ready, so I assumed it was just like a car battery. Buy the battery, put it in the motorcycle and you're good to go. Wrong. Apparently, you buy the battery, then you have to fill the battery with the enclosed acid. It comes with step by step instructions so after a short pep talk and a few phone calls to fellow riders, I decided I should be able to handle it.

I got the acid into the battery with a couple minor hang ups, but nothing major. Next step, let the battery sit for 30 minutes, then charge according to chart on the next page. Wait, what? It was then 11:15 AM, and I was still expecting to put the acid in and take off. So, I texted my friend in my 3rd class and told him I wasn't going to make it because I didn't have time to get there, thinking it takes more than 15 minutes to walk, catch the bus, ride my bicycle, and my battery wasn't ready. I decided to be productive at home since I was missing so many classes.

I dug out my helmet and all my other riding gear and looked it over. Cleaned my helmet and visor, and I even wore my helmet outside for a few minutes to make sure the sun didn't glare off of it in any weird ways. I had time to eat lunch and take a look at some homework before my classmate met me to do homework before class.

As we were sitting there, I was tell her about my morning. It wasn't until then, at about 2:30 in the afternoon, that I realized that my math class is at 12:30 and I had texted my friend telling him I wasn't going to make it to class just before 11:30. I had a whole hour more before my class than I thought! I missed that class for no reason at all. Well, my reason was that my brain doesn't always work right!

At least I got my motorcycle all ready to go and I was able to ride it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment