Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pandora

I bought a Pandora account. For those of you that don't know, Pandora is an internet radio thing. You create stations by starting with a seed song or artist, then Pandora picks other songs it thinks you will like based on the seed song. You can give these songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. Thumbs up means they guessed right, and they will continue to pick more songs like that. Similarly, thumbs down means you don’t' like that song and it won't play it anymore. A free Pandora account offers 40 hours of free listening each month. Apparently, I listen to more than that because I run out every month, with at least a week and a half left. So, today when I ran out, my study buddies suggested I buy an account. It is $36 a year, so $3 a month, a cheap price to pay for unlimited music. Especially since, it was pointed out to me by these same study buddies, that I heavily rely on Pandora to concentrate while doing homework. A very good point. So, $3 a month for at least 75% better concentration while doing homework is definitely a small price to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment