Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kleenex vs. Puffs


I have been sick for a week now. It started on Sunday with just a sore throat. I missed work Monday, but made it Tuesday. Felt well enough Wednesday to reorganize my storage unit, but lost my voice completely by the end of the day. Thursday and Friday were spent on the couch. Thursday night I woke up twice in the middle of the night with mucus clogging all my breathing holes, so thick I couldn't move it. It was scary for a while, I couldn't really breath. I obviously got it moving because I am alive now. That prompted me to go to the doctor Friday morning. He gave me a prescription for Amoxicillin and codine.

I managed to go out for about 3 hours last night (Friday night). I went to a BBQ, which was very cold, then went to a friends and watched them play a rock band type game. It was actually really entertaining since they are pretty good. Anyway, by about 10:00 I was tired and my headache was so bad I couldn't move my head.

I went to bed and woke up with this severe headache. I’m not sure what it's from, but the collage of pills I took this morning must be kicking in because it's starting to feel a lot better. The codine I took last night knocked me out pretty good because I slept for 12 hours straight, which felt really good. I was up for 30 minutes this morning and went through 23 tissues in that amount of time. I'm starting to feel a lot better and I have a to do list today. I haven't done much all week except barely keep up with picking up after myself. Today I plan to pick up the house, do dishes, make granola, get groceries, and take out all the garbage. They are all packed full of tissues. I feel good about it.

Two lessons I learned from being sick this week. 1: Purchase tissues with lotion because they feel so much better on your nose when you have to blow it as much as I have. 2: Puffs with lotion are worth the little extra cost because they work a lot better than Kleenex with lotion. Puffs have left my nose much less raw than the Kleenex I purchased earlier in the week.


Collage of drugs I took this morning:

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were maybe asking for public opinion on the matter. And my response I was ready to submit before I even read your post was "You HAVE to try Puffs with lotion!" I have to agree womah that they are the VERY best! I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete